Treatment - Wrinkle Removal Injection
What is it?
Wrinkle removal injections are commonly referred to as ‘Botox’, short for Botulinum Toxin. Botox ® is a naturally occurring purified protein that is injected into facial areas targeted for rejuvenation. Muscles in the face contract, and over time, this causes wrinkles and lines to form. Botox ® wrinkle removal injections temporarily stop these muscles from contracting, resulting in a refreshed appearance. Botox ® Cosmetic is a quick, extremely effective procedure that can be performed in as little as 15 minutes.
Easy to book
It’s easy to book whatever you need with us online
- Your callback with our team
- Your free consultation
- Your free skin analysis
- Your appointment with us
Summary of your treatment
Frequently asked questions
Wrinkle removal injections relax the muscles that create worry lines as well as furrows and wrinkles along the forehead, between the eyebrows and around the eyes.
When Botox is injected into the facial muscles around your eyes and brow, it causes them to relax. By relaxing these muscles, you’re no longer able to tighten and contract them in a manner that creates the wrinkles associated with squinting and stressful concentration. Wrinkle removal injections work by blocking nerve impulses to the facial muscles, which prevents you from tightening the skin around your eyes and brow. As a result, your skin flattens and becomes smooth all over. The procedure is quick and does not require any pain relief.
Deborah will make a series of small wrinkle removal injections into the relevant muscles of the face.
Results from the wrinkle removal injections are typically visible within 5 to 14 days of treatment. Patients should see a marked reduction in facial signs of age within the areas targeted for treatment, with a smoother, more youthful aesthetic appearance. Normal activities can generally be resumed immediately after the procedure. Results usually last from three to six months and the effects can be maintained with repeat injections.
The ‘Botox’ anti-wrinkle treatment has been used in medicine for more than 40 years and is administered in such a way that is only affects the muscles and glands that it is injected to – it does not reach any other part of the body. Most side effects are short lived and mild, the most common being bruising to the injection site. Some people report mild headaches after the treatment, but these generally subside within 24 hours.
You should not have this anti-wrinkle treatment if you have the following:
- Infection at the treatment site.
- You are allergic to the ingredients.
- You are pregnant or breast feeding.
- You have a neuromuscular disorder (e.g. myasthenia gravis).
A full list of cautions and contraindications will be discussed at your consultation.
For more information and to discuss any questions please call Deborah Forsythe cosmetic skin clinics.
- Avoid any heavy lifting, vigorous exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid any manipulation of areas for24 hr following treatment. This includes having a facial peel, or microdermabrasion after treatment.
- Avoid alcohol or pain medication immediately after the anti-wrinkle procedure.
For more information please call our team and arrange your consultation with Deborah.
Our wrinkle removal injections cost
- £200 for 1 area
- £250 for 2 areas
- £300 for 3 areas
You can view our full price list here
Deborah Forsythe is an internationally respected leading authority in non-surgical facial rejuvenation. She has pioneered facial aesthetic medicine in the UK for over 20 years and has been educating and training other medical professionals across Europe since 2004.
Deborah loves to meet patients. She prides herself in how her ability to listen to your needs and loves to use her expertise to work with with you to achieve the results that you want.
Any other questions?
Let us answer any other questions you have, in any way which best suits you
Our patients trust Deborah with their face
- Thank you so much Deborah, I Love my thread lift, it’s like the younger faced me has returned!
- I just wanted to say Thank You Deborah for fixing my nose, for the first time I am happy with my profile, I just can’t believe the difference – no bump! Thank you for putting me at ease Jacqui, as you know I was so nervous but you were so kind and reassured me and the tea and chocolates were most welcome!
- Thank you for everything you have done for me – you have given me my confidence back and that is priceless! I now feel ready to face the world thank you Deborah
- I just want to say Love, Love, my lips thank you Deborah. As you know I was really worried as I had a bad experience with another practitioner, I am so happy that I let you do them as the experience was completely different. I hardly felt a thing and the result is so natural – I am a very happy lady!
- I would not hesitate to recommend Deborah, she is amazing at what she does, and never compromises on safety or quality. I have been seeing her for many years and wouldn’t dream of letting anyone else touch my face. I trust her implicitly, she has turned me away more than once saying "go away, you don’t need anything at the moment"
- Thank you Deborah, the thread lift is fantastic, the best ever and that is saying something!