PDO Thread Lift - Treatment
What is it?
The PDO thread lift is a facelift without surgery. There are no cuts and no incisions, just injections.
The PDO thread lift is a relatively new form of non surgical facelift. If your face has loose or sagging skin and you want a tighter, fresh and more youthful look, you should consider a PDO thread lift. It is a safe and highly effective alternative to surgical facelifts.
The thread lift is a procedure which regenerates and improves the structure of the face, in a similar way to a surgical facelift, but without the need for surgery. The thread lift uses specialised threads which are introduced into the skin with a very fine needle to lift the facial tissue and muscle and improve the texture of the skin.
We are a leading clinic at the forefront of the Thread Lifting technique. Deborah is highly skilled in this procedure. She is a Lecturer and Trainer in this speciality and educates other medical practitioners in the techniques of thread lifting procedures.
Easy to book
It’s easy to book whatever you need with us online
- Your callback with our team
- Your free consultation
- Your free skin analysis
- Your appointment with us
Summary of your treatment
Frequently asked questions
Using a very fine needle, special dissolvable threads made of Polydioxanone (PDO) are inserted into the skin, which supports and tightens the area of treated skin.
The PDO thread lift has a powerful dual effect. The first is to give an immediate lifting effect. The second is to stimulate your body’s own collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid.
- Collagen is a protein responsible for the tension and firmness of your skin.
- Elastin is responsible for skin firmness and elasticity.
- Hyaluronic acid causes your skin to rehydrate.
Stimulating your own skin’s production of hyaluronic acid results in improved skin moisture and less-prominent wrinkles. The lifting effect is achieved by a special thread weave, producing a smoother and tighter look immediately. In addition to the immediate lift, the great news is over subsequent weeks following the treatment, results will continue to improve and can last 1-2 years as your own body produces collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid, making the PDO thread lift a very long lasting treatment.
Different thickness of threads are used for different areas of the face and neck depending on the needs and requirements of the individual. It is not uncommon to use a combination of threads to achieve the optimum facelift results. The threads are very versatile and can be used both on the face and to lift a sagging neck and to tighten and or reduce a double chin. They can also treat vertical and horizontal wrinkles on the forehead, sagging brows, drooping cheeks, pronounced nose to mouth lines, mouth and chin folds and sagging jawlines.
Non surgical thread lifts are performed using a very fine needle to insert the threads into the areas that need lifting. As there are no cuts or incision required there is no scarring. We manage treatment discomfort with the use of a topical anaesthetic to numb the area and prevent pain.
A PDO thread lift will give you an immediate, natural improvement in your appearance.
You really will see an instant difference with a PDO thread lift. After about 14-21 days, the process of natural body protein synthesis begins and continues over a period or 18 months to two years, keeping the texture of the skin smooth and supple.
The non surgical facial thread lift has very few side effects. Some patient’s notice some minor bruising or swelling immediately after the procedure. The degrees of bruising varies not only depending on the area being treated but also from patient to patient.
You do however need to be aware that considerable bruising could possibly occur and plan your social calendar or work commitments around this.
Any history of autoimmune disease. A full medical history will be taken and discussed at your consultation.
Following a non surgical PDO thread lift we advise patients to avoid dental surgery, contact sport, facial massages and all other beauty treatments for 4 weeks. We recommend you sleep on your back during the immediate post treatment period. If you experience any discomfort following your procedure, please follow our directions and contact our team.
For more information please call our team and arrange your consultation with Deborah.
Our PDO thread lift treatments start from £600
You can view our full price list here
Deborah Forsythe is an internationally respected leading authority in non-surgical facial rejuvenation. She has pioneered facial aesthetic medicine in the UK for over 20 years and has been educating and training other medical professionals across Europe since 2004.
Deborah loves to meet patients. She prides herself in how her ability to listen to your needs and loves to use her expertise to work with with you to achieve the results that you want.
Any other questions?
Let us answer any other questions you have, in any way which best suits you
Our patients trust Deborah with their face
- Thank you so much for yesterday, I felt pampered as opposed to being stabbed by needles!! You guys are truly inspirational and I look forward to my next appointment
- I had a PDO Thread Lift & I would thoroughly recommend this treatment with Deborah to anyone who is serious about the way their skin looks. The benefits are numerous, I love how my skin feels plumper, is smoother to touch, looks like there's fresh life in my skin and an overall improvement to how I feel about myself. Thank you!
- Thank you for everything you have done for me – you have given me my confidence back and that is priceless! I now feel ready to face the world thank you Deborah
- I just wanted to say Thank You Deborah for fixing my nose, for the first time I am happy with my profile, I just can’t believe the difference – no bump! Thank you for putting me at ease Jacqui, as you know I was so nervous but you were so kind and reassured me and the tea and chocolates were most welcome!
- Thank you so much Deborah, I Love my thread lift, it’s like the younger faced me has returned!
- Hi both, just to say many thanks for all the nice things you have both done for me in the time of us meeting, the changes to my face are wonderful – well done Deborah! Thank you Jackie for making me feel at ease and happy.